river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Question about JIRA use
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:45:43 GMT
We've got MultithreadedTC in the test/lib directory for allows for
specific interleaving of threads to test concurrency issues.

http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/PL/multithreadedtc/overview.html

Probably best wait till I've got the bug sorted though.

An update on progress:

It appears I've sorted the Null pointer issue and the Serialization
issue, so I'm no longer getting exceptions, however I'm still getting
test failures, in the ServiceDiscoveryManager, which appear related to
timing issues, counting events etc.

I integrated Brian's patch, but that fix isn't related to this
particular case.

The next step over the coming week, will be to go back to the stable
build and incrementally add recent changes, including those I have
locally now, so I can pinpoint problem causes.

Did you want me to update my current local changes to SVN?  I've been
holding off, since additional changes that haven't solved the problem,
won't make the problem any clearer to those trying to solve it.

Cheers,

Peter.