river-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: QA test failures while running "servicediscovery" test category
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:35:29 GMT
I have also reproduced the failure with SDM modified to fix the race 
condition I noticed in reading the code.

That means we have an unknown intermittent failure. Or an intermittent 
bug in the test.

I'll start trying to track it down.

Patricia


On 8/27/2010 11:29 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> I'm now up to 7 passes, 4 failures on the latest revision. Definitely an
> intermittently failing test.
>
> Patricia
>
>
> On 8/27/2010 10:50 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> I checked out the latest this morning. I've run
>> com/sun/jini/test/spec/servicediscovery/lookup/LookupMinEqualsMax.td a
>> couple of times, one pass, one fail.
>>
>> This may be a test case for the intermittent SDM failure I've been
>> looking for ever since I read its source code.
>>
>> Patricia
>>
>>
>> On 8/27/2010 10:26 AM, Jonathan Costers wrote:
>>> I am testing the lastest revision from SVN.
>>> I'll run that test a couple of times to see what is happening.
>>>
>>> 2010/8/27 Patricia Shanahan<pats@acm.org>
>>>
>>>> Could you rerun
>>>> com/sun/jini/test/spec/servicediscovery/lookup/LookupMinEqualsMax.td
>>>> a few
>>>> times, and see if it always fails? Also, which revision are you using?
>>>>
>>>> It does not fail during my servicediscovery test runs. I only get 10
>>>> failures, and I think Peter also gets 10 failures. Either it fails
>>>> intermittently, or it is a new regression.
>>>>
>>>> [At one time I think I indicated 11 failures, but that included the
>>>> irrelevant failure due to disagreement between LocalAccess and the
>>>> default
>>>> Ubuntu installation.]
>>>>
>>>> Patricia
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 8/27/2010 4:39 AM, Jonathan Costers wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> As we have noticed, something is wrong with SDM.
>>>>>
>>>>> When running the servicediscovery test category, I get this:
>>>>>
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>>
>>>>> # of tests started = 40
>>>>> # of tests completed = 40
>>>>> # of tests passed = 29
>>>>> # of tests failed = 11
>>>>>
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>>
>>>>> Date finished:
>>>>> Fri Aug 27 13:31:46 CEST 2010
>>>>> Time elapsed:
>>>>> 3549 seconds
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>> com/sun/jini/test/impl/servicediscovery/event/DiscardDownReDiscover.td
>>>>> Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: #
>>>>> added
>>>>> expected = 12, # added received = 22, # removed expected = 12, #
>>>>> removed
>>>>> received = 12
>>>>>
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>> com/sun/jini/test/impl/servicediscovery/event/DiscardServiceDown.td
>>>>> Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: #
>>>>> added
>>>>> expected = 12, # added received = 13, # removed expected = 12, #
>>>>> removed
>>>>> received = 12
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>>
>>>>> com/sun/jini/test/impl/servicediscovery/event/LookupTaskServiceIdMapRace.td
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: --
>>>>> failure
>>>>> -- 12 SDMs with wrong number of added events, (removed events OKAY)
>>>>>
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>>
>>>>> com/sun/jini/test/impl/servicediscovery/event/NotifyEventDropProxyTaskRace.td
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: --
>>>>> failure
>>>>> -- nAdded = 0, nAddedExpected = 1; nRemoved = 0, nRemovedExpected = 1
>>>>>
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>> com/sun/jini/test/impl/servicediscovery/event/ReRegisterBadEquals.td
>>>>> Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: --
>>>>> failure
>>>>> -- nAdded = 2, nAddedExpected = 4, nRemoved = 0, nRemovedExpected = 2
>>>>>
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>> com/sun/jini/test/impl/servicediscovery/event/ReRegisterGoodEquals.td
>>>>> Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: --
>>>>> failure
>>>>> -- nAdded = 2, nAddedExpected = 4, nRemoved = 0, nRemovedExpected = 2
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>> com/sun/jini/test/spec/servicediscovery/event/AddAttrServiceChanged.td
>>>>> Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException:
>>>>> unexpected
>>>>> events -- added: received 1 - expected 1, removed: received 0 -
>>>>> expected
>>>>> 0,
>>>>> changed: received 0 - expected 1
>>>>>
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>> com/sun/jini/test/spec/servicediscovery/event/ModifyAttrServiceChanged.td
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException:
>>>>> unexpected
>>>>> events -- added: received 1 - expected 1, removed: received 0 -
>>>>> expected
>>>>> 0,
>>>>> changed: received 0 - expected 1
>>>>>
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>> com/sun/jini/test/spec/servicediscovery/event/SetAttrServiceChanged.td
>>>>> Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException:
>>>>> unexpected
>>>>> events -- added: received 1 - expected 1, removed: received 0 -
>>>>> expected
>>>>> 0,
>>>>> changed: received 0 - expected 1
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>> com/sun/jini/test/spec/servicediscovery/lookup/LookupMinEqualsMax.td
>>>>> Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: --
>>>>> blocked
>>>>> longer than expected -- requested block = 60 second(s), actual block
>>>>> = 60
>>>>> second(s)
>>>>> -----------------------------------------
>>>>> com/sun/jini/test/spec/servicediscovery/lookup/LookupMinLessMax.td
>>>>> Test Failed: Test Failed: com.sun.jini.qa.harness.TestException: --
>>>>> blocked
>>>>> longer than expected -- requested block = 60 second(s), actual block
>>>>> = 60
>>>>> second(s)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>


Mime
View raw message