river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: [CONF] Apache River > User Guide - SocketFactories
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:49:45 GMT
On 08/26/2010 03:42 PM, confluence@apache.org wrote:
> Space: Apache River (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RIVER)
> Page: User Guide - SocketFactories (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RIVER/User+Guide+-+SocketFactories)
>
> Added by Tom Hobbs:
> Make sure the socket factory has a stable hashcode. Otherwise you end up with multiple
connections, and a lot of threads on the serverside. This is caused by the use of the hashcode
of the socketfactory in the hashcode of the endpoint. When it is not stable, seemingly equal
endpoints do not get interned as the same endpoint.

> Change your notification preferences: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/viewnotifications.action

Thanks!

The next change i will do myself. I'm not sure how long i have to wait
for my committer account, if it is not too much work, someone (Jukka?)
could add my confluenceaccount 'sim@qcg.nl' to the commiter group?

Gr. Sim