river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Closing out release 2.2.0
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:31:11 GMT
Jonathan Costers wrote:
> One thing we could do more or less now is publish the River artifacts into a
> Maven repository somewhere.

We need to confirm the dependencies are correct, no one should need to
depend on the *-dl.jar artefacts, the API that clients and services
depend on are in the platform.jar  The *-dl.jar artefacts are free to
change there is no coupling, although we've discussed creating a
Codebase Entry, so the *-dl.jar's can be provisioned.

The *-dl.jar actually depends on the platform.jar and the client and
service also depend on the platform.jar

> Basic POMs are already available as well as an Ant target to process them,
> we only need details of where to publish the artifacts to.
>
> At least people using Maven in their own projects will be able to easily use
> the River artifacts.
> We can have Hudson build and publish both stable releases and snapshots,
> etc.

We have to sign and vote on the artefacts for stable releases.

River 2.1.2 has been released since approx march.  I'm not sure yet
whether the next release will be 2.2.0 or 2.1.3 yet.

Regards,

Peter.