river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: ServiceDiscoveryManager test coverage
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:15:17 GMT
> Tomorrow, unless I get a better idea or someone posts one, I'll start a
> binary search. The objective will be to find consecutive revisions N and
> N+1 such that N passes the servicediscovery tests and N+1 fails them.

I have preliminary results from the binary search. I can't narrow it
down to a single check-in because I cannot build revision 934802. The
indications are that revision 934258 is the last buildable revision that
passes and revision 935130 is the first buildable revision that fails.

This is based on a single test,
com/sun/jini/test/impl/servicediscovery/event/NotifyEventDropProxyTaskRace.td,
that I had previously found to be solidly failing on repeated runs on
the latest revision.

I'm in the process of running the full QA tests, servicediscovery
included, to see if the other failing tests behave the same way.

Patricia

Revision: 935130