river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Another mentor ...
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2010 02:12:58 GMT
> Patricia,
>
> Have you done much reading about the ASF and how its projects work? I
> want to avoid filling your mailbox with redundant stuff.

I've read very little about ASF. I'm retired, at least until I get bored
with having free time, and wanted a project that would let me go on
doing some programming. Someone suggested River, and it does look as
though it has some interesting issues.

> You and the other members of the community should be thinking about
> what remains to do in order to qualify for incubator graduation. One
> of the questions is whether there is a sustainable, diverse, developer
> community. I need to do some reading to see what, if anything, else is
> out there.

One important thing for developer community building would be easily
accessible, up to date documentation on how to set up River, build, and
run tests in various environments. The "Get Involved" page should either
include it or have a prominent link.

Patricia