river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: ServiceDiscoveryManager test coverage
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 18:11:39 GMT
On 8/21/2010 5:31 AM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Patricia Shanahan wrote:

>>> Any of the existing qa or jtreg tests that relate to the SDM would be a
>>> good start.
>>>
>>> Not sure which I'd pick though.
>>
>> I've found why I was not finding ServiceDiscoveryManager tests. "ant
>> qa.run" in the build directory, which is how I was running QA tests,
>> runs specified categories:
>> "id,loader,policyprovider,locatordiscovery,activation,config,discoverymanager,joinmanager,url,iiop,jrmp,reliability,thread"
>>

>> Why not servicediscovery????
>>
>> Patricia
>>
> Well I'll be b...., didn't pick that up, how strange, running
> servicediscovery now, although not with your patches, I'll try that
> tomorrow.

I'm running the servicediscovery tests against a modified version of
ServiceDiscoveryManager that has a couple of short sleep calls in
addProxyReg. It has reported several failures. I would be very
interested in what failures, if any, you get with an unpatched SDM. If
your version does not fail we have a real test coverage problem. If your
version gets similar failures, we just have a problem with not running
tests we have.

Patricia