river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: ServiceDiscoveryManager test coverage
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 05:15:35 GMT
Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> As indicated in the "TaskManager Progress" thread, I think, based on
>> reading the source code, that there is a concurrency bug in
>> ServiceDiscoveryManager.LookupCacheImpl's addProxyReg method.
>>
>> I added logging to see which tests I should run to evaluate a fix. As
>> far as I can tell, the automated system contains a single test that
>> creates a ServiceDiscoveryManager, LeaseRenewDurRFE, and it does not
>> appear to use addProxyReg.
>>
>> Are there any tests in addition to the QA and JTreg tests that might
>> cover this?
>
> No, not in addition unfortunately.

I didn't really expect there would be, but it was worth asking.

I'm now working on an SDM concurrency test - essentially writing stubs
for the classes it interacts with, so that I can control the timing of
events. I want to hit it with a lot of different activity at the same time.

Is there any existing code that would help with that task?

Patricia