river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject SVN and Jira
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:33:47 GMT
Any SVN/JIRA experts out there?

Peter tells me that when he does a release any JIRA issues mentioned in the
SVN commit messages get listed in the release notes.  So how does this work
when merging onto the trunk from a skunk branch?

For example, a developer commits to skunk/MyBranch and mentions JIRA issues
123 and 456 in their commit messages.  But when the merge onto the trunk
happens, the "merge commit" message doesn't mention any JIRAs, or perhaps it
only mentions issue 123.  My question is, when a release happens, is the
process clever enough to realise that it should list 123 and 456 in the
release notes, or will only the JIRA issues mentioned when the merge happens
make their way into them?

Thanks,

Tom