river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: TaskManager progress
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2010 16:18:06 GMT
I think there is something to be said for keeping TaskManager, with an
interface that hides how the thread pooling is implemented, and having
all uses of this sort of threading use it. That way, we can change the
implementation in one place. java.util, for example, was improved
between 1.5 and 1.6, and we may want to use 1.6 features in a future
implementation.

Patricia