river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: TaskManager progress
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:33:52 GMT
I've uploaded my current work-in-progress code as
http://www.patriciashanahan.com/apache/NewTaskManager.java

Please send me any comments, questions, or suggestions for improvement.

The change of name is temporary, to allow a smoother transition. I plan
to work through the callers, changing them one at a time to use the new
Task interface. When they have all been changed, and there are no more
TaskManager references, the name can be changed to TaskManager.

I'll need to set up the correct formatting in Eclipse, but once I find
the rules that won't take long. Any other coding conventions I need to
watch out for?

Meanwhile, I'm working on more testing and benchmarking. It definitely
improves performance when there are a lot of tasks or runAfter
dependencies, but I need to do more testing for short tasks in simple
cases, the case in which it is most likely to be worse than the current
code.

Patricia