river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject TaskManager requirements
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 07:31:35 GMT
I'm getting into writing a new TaskManager, and have a requirements
question. I expect I will have more of them as time goes on.

TaskManager logs and ignores any Throwable from a Task's run method.

This troubles me for a couple of reasons. Given the rule that an
interrupt is issued to each Thread during TaskManager termination, I do
not think InterruptedException should be loggable. On the other hand,
should we really be going on running, with just a Level.WARNING log
message, after a really bad JVM problem?

Patricia