river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: A new implementation of TaskManager
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 02:16:52 GMT
Hi Patricia,

This is an example of some timing difficulties, a bug involving Task.

Perhaps Task can extend Remote?  Then we can pass them around as
distributed objects, which will either be a local piece of proxy code
executing or a stub.  That was one advantage of allowing Task to contain
it's dependencies.  If it's sent elsewhere to other nodes, they can add
it to their Task dependencies and the result can be retrieved remotely.
Perhaps with a getResult() method like RunnableFuture has.

Of course there are other ways, just passing on thoughts & knowledge,
for problem solving.

There seems to be a GC & concurrency bug in DGC
(DistributedGarbageCollection) reported on the list, I'll dig up the
details and and create a JIRA issue for it.  It causes an exported
object to be garbage collected before a stub can contact it, this is for
a distributed object that isn't registered as a service.  That bug would
cause problems for a Remote Task, if it were to be implemented among
other things, it needs to be fixed.

Cheers,

Peter.

Bob Scheifler (JIRA) wrote:
>      [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-324?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

> Bob Scheifler reopened RIVER-324:
>
>       Assignee:     (was: Brian Murphy)
>
> Original fix had a nasty flaw.  Fix to fix has been attached.
>

>> Under certain circumstances, the ServiceDiscoveryManager internal LookupCache implementation
can incorrectly  process attribute change events before the lookup  snapshot is processed.