river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Request for new Wiki page
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2010 22:18:53 GMT
On 7/4/2010 3:09 PM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> I think I have the form of the file names correct in build.properties,
>> and I have eliminated spaces from the apache paths:
>>
>> river.home=C:/apache/river/jtsk/trunk
>> jtreg.home=C:/apache/jtreg
>> jdk1.5.home="C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jdk1.5.0_22"
>>
>> The build claims to be successful, but I when I try "ant qa.run", I
>> get a lot of error messages of the form:
>>
>> [java] QAConfig.getComponentFile FINEST: failed existance check on
>> com\sun\jini\qa\resources\qaDefaults.properties
>> [java] QAConfig.loadProperties FINEST: loaded properties:
>> file:/C:/apache/river/jtsk/trunk/qa/src/com/sun/jini/qa/resources/qaDefaults.properties
>>

>> This is very strange, because the URL is perfectly valid. When I paste
>> it into Firefox, I get what looks like a properties file.
>>
>> Any idea what is doing the existence check, and why it is unhappy?
> Yes, it tries to load property files from multiple locations, finally it
> will try to load from the jar file if the local file paths are
> exhausted. In your case it was successfully found.

Yes, I just tracked down the relevant source code,
qa/src/com/sun/jini/qa/harness/QAConfig.java.

If convenient, could you send me a copy of the output from a successful
build and qa run? You can e-mail directly to pats@acm.org, rather than
the mailing list. That way, I'll have some idea what is normal and what
is abnormal as I work my way through this.

Meanwhile, I'll ignore single instances of the "failed existance check"
message.

Also, when I have a qa.run failure, subsequent attempts get
"java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind". I assume
there is some cleanup I need to do. Restarting my computer works, but is
inconvenient.

Thanks,

Patricia