river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: A new implementation of TaskManager
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:52:08 GMT
I'm seriously considering keeping the basic structure of managing the
threads directly at least until 1.6, and RunnableFuture, can be used,
but updating how the tasks are managed using java.util collections and
possibly BlockingPriorityQueue. The mailing list thread
"com.sun.jini.thread lock contention" seems to include discussion of
this issue, so I'll read it completely before making up my mind.

Incidentally, I agree with the initial comment about implementing
Runnable instead of subclassing Thread, and was already planning that
change.

Patricia