river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Getting Started
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:16:08 GMT
1. Can River source code use all JDK 1.6 features? In particular, what
should I do about generics? No generics, generics only in appropriate
private data structures, or use generics wherever appropriate, including
interfaces between modules?

2. How do people do revision control for work-in-progress? I like to
check in early and often, so that I have a good change log and can do a
lot of experiments, especially when performance tuning.

3. My preferred environment is a combination of Eclipse and Cygwin. Have
others used that combination? If so, can I have a copy of the Eclipse
editor set-up to get the right format, and also any Cygwin set-up?

Thanks,

Patricia