river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: A new implementation of TaskManager
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:02:16 GMT
On 6/24/2010 5:29 AM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Peter Firmstone wrote:
>> Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>>> I'm an experienced Java programmer looking for a useful and interesting
>>> open source project, and River was one of the suggestions I've received.
>>
>> You've definitely come to the right place, we have some interesting
>> fundamental issues, ripe for picking.
>>
>>> Other than having used Subversion, I have no knowledge of Apache build,
>>> test, and documentation conventions. I need a task where delays due to
>>> my Apache learning curve are not going to delay any other work.
>>>
>>> Do you think this refactoring would be a suitable task?
>>
>> Yes certainly, don't be afraid to dive in, welcome to Apache River.
>>
>> To run some of the tests you'll need to download and install jtreg.
>>
>> http://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/
>>
>> Once you've downloaded the source from svn, you can build it using:
> Apache River that is.

I've started taking a look at the code, and have questions ranging from
basic building through coding conventions to details of runAfter usage.

If I were joining a co-located project I would be arranging to have
lunch and an informal chat with one or more of the existing developers.
Is this mailing list the lunch room, or is there somewhere more appropriate?

Patricia