river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Replace RemoteException with IOException
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:10:32 GMT
Thanks Patrick, interesting comment...

 From the link:

    * Each method declaration in a remote interface or its
      super-interfaces must satisfy the requirements of a /remote
      method/ declaration as follows:
          o A remote method declaration must include the exception
            |java.rmi.RemoteException| (or one of its superclasses such
            as |java.io.IOException| or |java.lang.Exception|) in its
            throws clause, in addition to any application-specific
            exceptions (note that application specific exceptions do not
            have to extend |java.rmi.RemoteException|).
          o In a remote method declaration, a remote object declared as
            a parameter or return value (either declared directly in the
            parameter list or embedded within a non-remote object in a
            parameter) must be declared as the remote /interface/, not
            the implementation class of that interface.

Evolution is a gradual process, just thought about putting some pieces
in place for later on, no breakages now.