river-dev mailing list archives

From James Grahn <jgr...@simulexinc.com>
Subject Re: com.sun.jini.thread lock contention
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 20:29:28 GMT
Would this be roughly equivalent to:
Executors.newCachedThreadPool()?

The doc says:
"Creates a thread pool that creates new threads as needed, but will
reuse previously constructed threads when they are available."

That factory creates a ThreadPoolExecutor with a core size of 0, maximum
size of Integer.MAX_VALUE, and it kills idle threads after 60 seconds.

We can construct our own ThreadPoolExecutor if we need finer control of
those parameters.

I may be missing some subtle detail, though.

jamesG