river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject River archetype
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 16:42:32 GMT
I'd like to solicit some ideas into what would be the source and configuration content so a
River archetype [1] can be created. This will allow developers to create a working River maven
project in seconds. I know Chris Sterling developed one a few years back, but I think we can
do this one a little differently. Some questions:

Generate a simple service that just provides an empty interface, service impl and configuration?
For configuration, use the Jini configuration approach or can we move forward with adopting
the Groovy configuration provider?
Generate a JavaSpace project?
Should the Rio classdepandjar mojo be used to build the artifacts? In this way we can produce
the service, dl and api artifacts right out of the gate.
What to provide for testing the application? Does the River test framework make sense to include?

Feedback would be great.

Dennis

[1] Info on Maven archetypes:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-archetypes.html