river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Service API, class visibility, isolation and garbage collection - ClassLoaders
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 00:44:56 GMT

On May 26, 2010, at 609PM, Peter Firmstone wrote:

> Dennis Reedy wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> No worries. Although I think there is still a misunderstanding on how the class loader
structure works,

> Ok, I think I see it now, your ClassLoader structure represents your container.  Containers
are free to come and go in Rio during the life of the application?

No, services are. BTW, this is a very similar structure to what ServiceStarter produces, the
big difference is the addition of the common class loader that contains platform jars that
are basically immutable, and not counted on to be changing during the lifecycle of the JVM.