river-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Wright <pdoubl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven repository Entry was Re: Codebase service?
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 12:12:04 GMT
>> Yes, we can use an Entry, or as Chris pointed out, if we annotate MarshalledInstance's
using a new Maven URL schema we can extract that info and make it available via MarshalledServiceItem
(An abstract class that extends ServiceItem).

> I dont think a new Maven URL schema has actually been proposed? Why wouldnt we just use
a String attribute in an Entry that is of the form groupId:artifactId:version:classifier?

What I don't like about this is that it makes the client a little more
fragile--we would essentially be sniffing a string for a certain
format, which, if it matched, would indicate it is a Maven coordinate.
If this is in a separate type of Entry (e.g. CoordinateArtifactEntry
or so) then we are reacting to a type of entry, not to a format which
needs to be documented, etc.

Patrick