river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Codebase service?
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 13:51:15 GMT
Just a thought I've been musing about lately...

Since a client (or service acting as a client to another service) must have the interface
of the associated service in it's classpath (local and trusted), why cant the client express
a dependency on that associated service's -dl.jar file(s), download and provision them from
a trusted server (installing them locally) and use the downloaded (checked and verified) jars
to load the classes the proxy of the associated requires?

This fits in very nicely within a Maven built project scheme, not sure if dependencies can
be expressed (or derived) from an OSGi context, but do we need to have codebase services if
this worked?