river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: River archetype
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 00:06:19 GMT
Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> I think that there are a couple of issues around doing this.  There are a handful of
things which the deployer of the service will want to configure.  The Configuration interface
still seems viable to me and groovy config is a great thing to get into circulation it seems
to me.

> What I'd like to suggest is that we create a large amount of security as a default detail.
 Configuration should provide the ability to turn it down/off.  That way safe computing is
the default.

+1 Peter.  Good thinking Gregg.

There are people who have expressed frustrated with the configuration
system, rather than opening up constructors everywhere, introducing
coupling, perhaps we could do something with Guice as well?

So an application can configure itself without coupling?

> I have some things in mind but have not got them fleshed out yet for real discussion.
>
> Gregg Wonderly
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On May 22, 2010, at 11:42 AM, Dennis Reedy <dennis.reedy@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'd like to solicit some ideas into what would be the source and configuration content
so a River archetype [1] can be created. This will allow developers to create a working River
maven project in seconds. I know Chris Sterling developed one a few years back, but I think
we can do this one a little differently. Some questions:

>> Generate a simple service that just provides an empty interface, service impl and
configuration?
>> For configuration, use the Jini configuration approach or can we move forward with
adopting the Groovy configuration provider?
>> Generate a JavaSpace project?
>> Should the Rio classdepandjar mojo be used to build the artifacts? In this way we
can produce the service, dl and api artifacts right out of the gate.