river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Use a code from a dormant project
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 11:10:45 GMT
Hi,

There's a project on java.net, that has an apache 2.0 License, owned by
Oracle, it is currently dormant, I have contacted the Author, however he
claims the code belongs to Oracle and doesn't wish to have any further
involvement since he no longer works for Oracle.

Oracle owns the web site where the material is published.  What are the
rules for reusing the code and documentation?

We would only use code or documentation that has the Apache 2.0 License
headers, we would obviously need to rename our implementation, they have
published a public specification also.

I've uploaded the project's files on River-338.

Please cc replies to river-dev@incubator.apache.org

Regards,

Peter.