river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Maven repository Entry was Re: Codebase service?
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 10:38:52 GMT
Since we've got a few Maven people on the list how should we best
approach utilising the Maven repository?

Patrick, have you got something in mind for a Codebase Entry?

The new StreamServiceRegistrar interface allows you to delay
unmarshalling of ServiceItem's.  But it also prevents the Jini Public
API from becoming dependent on the unmarshalling implementation.

Check out MarshalledServiceItem (extends ServiceItem) in SVN.

It's just an Abstract class with a couple of methods that return an
Object (service) and Entry[], so the implementation can vary.

It means the implementation for Reggie is free to vary, so there no
problem with a reggie that utilises and depends on Maven, it doesn't
change the Jini public API.

I could use a little help, I'm not familiar with maven.

Cheers,

Peter.