river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Codebase service?
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 23:17:56 GMT
Dennis Reedy wrote:
>> Chris, Dennis & Greg, your all spot on with the Service-spec.jar, I'd like to
add something to the jar Manifest of these Service Interfaces, to ensure River loads it into
the top level ClassLoader.  Any suggestions?

> Why not just support the convention instead of adding configuration?

Ok, good idea, simpler is better.
>> We need some good doc's to really get the message across for these ideas.
>>

> And examples. I'll try and fit this type of work into Rio's schedule. It would be great
of all the 'container' providers would support the conventions being discussed here.

Thanks Dennis, I'd very much appreciate that.

Any help is appreciated, I don't have the resources nor experience alone
to create a Maven based build (if someone was to help out, become a new
committer, that might be a different story), however patches, ideas and
experiences are all welcome.

Regards,

Peter.