river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Codebase service?
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 04:19:28 GMT
Actually this might cause a problem if the proxy has been granted
greater priviledges than a calling thread's Principal (a user) running
with a lesser set of Permissions than the proxy, it causes all
SecurityManager checks by the proxy to throw Security Exceptions.

Does this mean restricting the PermissionDomain of the *-api.jar is the
wrong thing to do?

Should it be allowed DynamicPolicy grant's?

Perhaps it should be given the same Permissions as the most privileged
proxy instead, using the fore mentioned ClassDep tool to verify the
*-api.jar files don't depend on any security sensitive classes prior to

When performing dynamic grants to a class, get the classes interfaces
and do the dyanamic grant's on them too.

What do you think?