river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Jini Activation Framework - A sub project?
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 20:25:07 GMT
Zsolt Kúti wrote:
> On Mon, 3 May 2010 11:41:58 -0500
> Gregg Wonderly <greggwon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Gregg,
>

>> I use norm and mahalo all the time without activation.  I use a
>> leased smart proxy instead of DGC so that all of the details of proxy
>>
> Is there an example for this in any of your public projects?
>

>> management are under my control and I use transactions without
>> activation for mahalos lifecycle.
>>
> Would you explain this latter sentence, I dont really get it.

Activation means that Mahalo isn't started until it is required, but
this requires Phoenix to run as a background process.
Mahalo can be constructed to run without activation.

   /**
     * Constructs a non-activatable transaction manager.
     *
     * @param args Service configuration options
     *
     * @param lc <code>LifeCycle</code> reference used for callback
     */
    TxnManagerImpl(String[] args, LifeCycle lc, boolean persistent)
    throws Exception