river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Jini Spec API changes - Advise needed
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 05:47:24 GMT
Just a small clarification:

In the presence of Jini 2.1 nodes (includes River 2.1.2) a River 2.2.0
Reggie cannot be the default group, that must be performed by a Reggie
prior to v2.2.0.  Otherwise ClassNotFoundException and the like will be
thrown by the earlier nodes.

The River 2.2.0 nodes don't need to utilise the existing
ServiceRegistrar interface at all, any earlier Reggie proxy's will be
wrapped by a Facade automatically by River, mapping the methods of
StreamServiceRegistrar to ServiceRegistrar, this excludes Java CDC which
won't be able to talk to earlier versions of Reggie at all, simply
solved by having a second Reggie of v2.2.0 or later, with a cdc group or
something similar.

Cheers,

Peter.