river-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Jini Surrogate
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 03:22:54 GMT
We still need to establish provenance for this code. Who wrote it? Are
we sure they wrote it and have the right(s) to publish it?

Just because you can find some code on the internet that looks like it
is licensed under a compatible license doesn't mean we can use it. We
need to establish the bona fides of the presumed authors.

Craig

On May 2, 2010, at 7:41 PM, Jeff Ramsdale wrote:

> No, I knew it was available. Just wasn't sure if it was covered under
> the Sun contribution to avoid legal entanglements.
>
> -jeff
>
> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au>
> wrote:
>> No, it's available on java.net under an Apache 2 license, last
>> commit was in
>> 2006, a good idea to grab it while we can.
>>
>> If there are no objections, I'll include it.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peter.
>>

>> Jeff Ramsdale wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd love to see it salvaged. Was it covered in the original
>>> contribution?
>>>
>>> -jeff

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle