river-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Ramsdale <jeff.ramsd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: River jar files in mvnRepository
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:54:44 GMT
Hi Brian, Good to hear from you!

I believe these jars were posted several years ago by Chris Sterling
as part of the Maven Jini Plugin:
https://maven-jini-plugin.dev.java.net/ At the time things were
different in both the Maven and Jini worlds--a little more
free-for-all in posting artifacts to Maven and no one in the Jini
world thinking too much about Maven. I think it would be better for
Apache River to manage its own artifacts now (and I don't think Chris
plans to maintain the plugin).

I posted a Jira issue for exactly this issue:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-317 and as a result someone
posted the poms I provided to svn but no process was put into place to
apply those poms to the artifacts and deploy them to the Central
Repository. I was going to raise the issue again after the current
vote completed. Meanwhile, Dennis Reedy had some very reasonable
comments about the poms I posted. A little more discussion is probably
warranted prior to releasing the artifacts as Maven artifacts. Dennis
has some experience now with using Jini jars and Maven with the latest
Rio builds. Perhaps he'll reiterate his suggestions to the list? I'd
be glad to help out but we'll need someone on the inside to assist in
getting things deployed once we work out the pom details.

By the way, mvnrepository.com is an ad site that scrapes the real
Maven Central Repository. Helpful for searches, perhaps, but not
definitive. The real repo is at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ and can
be searched via http://repository.sonatype.org.

Finally, the service jars (reggie, outrigger, etc.) are under the
services dir (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/river/jtsk/trunk/poms/services/)
but that's an interesting point about jini-core and jini-ext. Are
these still artifacts of the build?

-jeff