river-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Dolan" <christopher.do...@avid.com>
Subject RE: [Fwd: Re: River question : mailinglist refuses] multicast discovery and Entry updating
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:27:07 GMT
Sim,

I believe you're thinking of the XP max limit of 10 concurrent TCP
connections in the "connecting" phase, yes?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Wind
ows+Operating+System&ProdVer=5.2&EvtID=4226&EvtSrc=Tcpip&LCID=1033

When we've seen this in the past, I think it has always been
attributable to DNS (or reverse DNS) misconfiguration.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Sim IJskes - QCG [mailto:sim@qcg.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:11 AM
To: river-dev@incubator.apache.org
discovery and Entry updating

Yannick JENN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Both computers are on our LAN and can ordinarily communicate without
any
> problem.
> We just have some router random problems, usually between 2 and 5 sec
> network breaks.

Are you sure these are router problems? Not the windows XP
socket-per-period-creation-limit or similar. I can remember there was a
limit on the number of outbound connections one could make per timeunit,

or concurrent, isn't it?

Gr. Sim

Quality Consultancy Group b.v., Leiderdorp, Kvk Leiden: 28088397