river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: River jar files in mvnRepository
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:14:31 GMT
Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Sim & Gregg had a recent discussion about utilising a Static Factory to
> help beginners grasp the power and purpose of Jini / River, perhaps
> someone has an implementation they might like to contribute?

Well, we could aim for something far more simple than the JSK? Something
with real simple exports. I've got a Exporter class somewhere, you only
give it the component name and the reference to the service
implementation and it works. I also got a ReggieStarter class lying
around, which starts reggie from within the program with minimal config.
If we provide a global instance of a Configuration object that produces
a minimal config, would that be enough to get people started?

Gr. Sim

Quality Consultancy Group b.v., Leiderdorp, Kvk Leiden: 28088397