river-dev mailing list archives

From Yannick JENN <yannick.j...@active-circle.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: River question : mailinglist refuses] multicast discovery and Entry updating
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:03:13 GMT
Hello,

Both computers are on our LAN and can ordinarily communicate without any
problem.
We just have some router random problems, usually between 2 and 5 sec
network breaks.

We are using multicast discovery, and we don't have any firewall.
We use DHCP on the Windows XP computer (192.168.1.156), the other is
running linux mandriva (192.168.1.28).

We use jini for 6 years, and I am now trying to understand the jin code
for few months.

Here is our multicast configuration file (mandriva's) :

import com.sun.jini.discovery.DiscoveryProtocolVersion;
import java.net.NetworkInterface;
import net.jini.constraint.BasicMethodConstraints;
import net.jini.core.constraint.InvocationConstraint;
import net.jini.core.constraint.InvocationConstraints;
import net.jini.core.discovery.LookupLocator;
import net.jini.discovery.DiscoveryGroupManagement;
import net.jini.jeri.BasicJeriExporter;
import net.jini.jeri.tcp.TcpServerEndpoint;

com.sun.jini.reggie {
    private static networkInterface = NetworkInterface.getByName("eth0");

    serverExporter = new
BasicJeriExporter(ServiceProperties.newServerEndpoint("eth0",
"192.168.1.28"),
                                           new
FcRemoteInvocationLayerFactory());

    initialLookupGroups = DiscoveryGroupManagement.NO_GROUPS;
    initialLookupLocators = new LookupLocator[] {  };
    initialMemberGroups = new String[] { "public" };

    multicastInterfaces = new NetworkInterface[] { networkInterface };
    unicastDiscoveryHost = "192.168.1.28";

    constraints = new InvocationConstraints(new InvocationConstraint[]
{DiscoveryProtocolVersion.TWO,
DiscoveryCircleConstraint.getCurrentDiscoveryCircleConstraint()}, null);
    discoveryConstraints = new BasicMethodConstraints(constraints);
    discoveryManager =
ServiceRegistrarDiscoveryManager.newServiceRegistrarDiscovery(DiscoveryGroupManagement.NO_GROUPS,

null);
    taskManager = new ServiceTaskManager();
}

net.jini.lookup.JoinManager {
    discoveryManager =
ServiceRegistrarDiscoveryManager.newServiceRegistrarDiscovery(DiscoveryGroupManagement.NO_GROUPS,

null);
    taskManager = new ServiceTaskManager();
    leaseManager = ServiceClientFactory.getServiceLeaseRenewalManager();
}

// This lease renewal manager config is for the default LRM, which is
replaced
// in the definition of the JoinManager, by the Module LRM
net.jini.lease.LeaseRenewalManager {
    taskManager = new ServiceTaskManager(FcTaskPriority.HIGH);
}

Cheers,
Yannick