river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: strange problem with DGC
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 08:41:56 GMT
Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Note that when you export your service it's proxy is stored in
> Marshalled form until the client discovers it, while in Marshalled form
> only, it cannot participate in DGC.  In that case you might want to hold
> a reference for a period of time (Lease), long enough to allow your
> clients to discover the service.

Isn't that what i originally described? The serialized export of the
server is stored in the network buffers and the DGC does not start until
deserialized in the client?

What are you suggesting here, that for every factory that produces an
exported reference we should implement a Jini Lease (on the server side)?

By the way, there is nothing to discover here, its just returning a
exported service to a client in a jeri call.

Gr. Sim

Quality Consultancy Group b.v., Leiderdorp, Kvk Leiden: 28088397