river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: strange problem with DGC
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 22:56:11 GMT
Note that when you export your service it's proxy is stored in
Marshalled form until the client discovers it, while in Marshalled form
only, it cannot participate in DGC.  In that case you might want to hold
a reference for a period of time (Lease), long enough to allow your
clients to discover the service.

I've had thoughts about OSGi's use of bundle activation and
deactivation, if a service is implemented in a bundle, the service id
could be stored to disk on the dedicated area reserved for that
particular bundle.   Another bundle might manage leases for several jini
Services that are exported, activating them on demand.  There's always
Phoenix of course, just some thoughts.

Cheers,

Peter.