river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: static exporter
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:09:48 GMT
Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has anybody ever worked on/with a static class that functions as a
>> exporter registry? And, is it a really bad idea?
>>
>> I would love to be able to do 'mysrv = GlobalExporter.export(myobj);'.
>
> I've done this to create tracking of "authenticated" exports that allow
> me to free some resources when these objects become unreferenced or
> unexported explicitly.

And whats your view on using it? Did it work, would it be apropriate in
River?

> I use single instance instead of static instance as my model though so
> that I can create test instances and do particular injections for other
> reasons too.

So this means, 'mysrv = GlobalExporter.getExporter().export(myobj);' yes?

And what do you think about a GlobalExporter with a list of exporters
with priorities, who are allowed to have a go in order of priority until
one exports? Would you still use a single instance?

Gr. Sim

Quality Consultancy Group b.v., Leiderdorp, Kvk Leiden: 28088397