river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Service Wrapper Example
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 10:21:07 GMT
Hi,

I mentioned in another thread that I had come across code which provides
service fail over and auto-rediscovery.  I've posted details of the kind of
code that was used to (note this has been reinvented in my head just now and
only loosely tested);

http://wiki.apache.org/river/AutomaticServiceReplacement

I hope that someone finds it useful and/or interesting.

It's important to note that in the interests of simplicity the
ServiceWrapper class in the article is explicitly linked to the dummy
service described.  Obviously using more reflection magic it's possible to
remove this linkage so that ServiceWrapper can wrap any service you like and
it's invoke method would invoke the method supplied to it, rather than the
only method available in the dummy article.

Thanks to Jukka for his Wiki account suggestion.

Enjoy,

Tom