river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: Real Time Java
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:07:34 GMT
For more than a decade, there has been http://www.ajile.com out doing direct
silicon execution of Java, complete with some microcode assist.  Their web site
now speaks more directly at a market in the JME side of things.  The first
version of their chip did JDK1.1.8 with some hiccups in GC that took some time
to work out.

Sun would not advertise nor support them too much for some reason. The original
team was composed of people who left HP, Sun and other companies and bought the
rights to the chip manufacturing from one of the companies (I've forgotten which
one).

Gregg Wonderly