river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Real Time Java
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:45:20 GMT
Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Anyone have any thoughts about real time java threads?  EtherCAT is real
> time ethernet, a Jini service that runs on a real time thread, over real
> time EtherCAT with JERI and clients running on real time threads.  That
> would be more realistic in an industrial environment (ubiquitous
> computing) than a Jini Toaster yes?  We seriously need to remove all and
> any references to Toasters, coffee machines etc in documentation.

EtherCAT, do you mean the fieldbus type? Jini certainly looks like a
good communications platform for SCADA solutions. All one needs is a
small ARM-7 based sensor/controller and GCJ for creating a flashable
image and your on the road.

Anybody here know of such a scenario in the wild?

http://www.ciss.dk/download/Slides%20Martin%20Astradsson.pdf

I would love to work on a SCADA kernel completly written in Java.

Gr. Sim

Quality Consultancy Group b.v., Leiderdorp, Kvk Leiden: 28088397