river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: servlet based JERI
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:36:41 GMT
Patrick Wright wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Sim IJskes - QCG <sim@qcg.nl> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> In order to make it possible to host a JERI server endpoint on a webserver,
>> we need a servlet based server endpoint.
>
> Bantam may have what you are looking for
> https://bantam.dev.java.net/

Thanks, its indeed in com.skillcorp.bantam.servlet.RemotingServlet

The strange thing here is, that the http request once in the Servlet, is
delegated once again to one of 4 'services'. Codebase, Remoting, Lookup
and Proxy.

If i take the shortest path, i would immediately step into the 'JERI
unmarshalled domain' and provide those 'services' as jini services.

And to make sure you can find these services, export them on predefined
  ID's (think jeri DGC).

Anyhow, i have to eat my pudding first.

Gr. Sim

Quality Consultancy Group b.v., Leiderdorp, Kvk Leiden: 28088397