river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Java cdc - Potential Market size clarification.
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 01:41:10 GMT
Java cdc (a subset of Java 1.4.2) market size of approximately 20
Million for set top boxes.  Not sure what the total cdc device pool is,
I think the earlier figure I gave was based on cldc which has a much
larger market share, not sure of how accurate these figures are either.

There are other devices also such as Ryco Printers, Blue Ray Players,
Sony Playstation, Amazon's Kindle, Titan Sprint's smartphone, (Nokia and
Sony Ericsson dropped their smart phone Java cdc's)

Probably need a JERI implementation for Java cdc, will look into it further.

Cheers,

Peter.