river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: sketches
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 23:16:23 GMT
Yes, Java 5 language features next release.

Although I'd like to find just what our core jini platform should be and
compile it with -jsr14 to produce Java 1.4 bytecode from Java 5 source.
In that core platform, we couldn't use any new methods or libraries not
in Java 1.4, however we could use generics.

So for instance the Java cdc platform can consume and provide simple
services.

Cheers,

Peter.