river-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Apache River Release - Voting Period
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 01:39:04 GMT
On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
> I've just updated the Apache River 2.1.2 Release artifacts, available on
> http://people.apache.org/~peter_firmstone/

Excellent. I won't have the cycles to check this myself, as I am
moving to a new country at the moment, and need to settle in.

> I'll run apache RAT shortly, so these might be updated tomorrow, if I find
> any problems, however feel free to do your own auditing.

RAT is normally run before announcing the availability and placed
alongside the artifacts to be released.

> I propose a Voting Period of 5 days, (minimum allowed is 72 hours)
> commencing Monday the 1st of February, ending on Friday the 5th of February.

AFAIK, it is not required to have a 'boxed timeframe' determined
upfront. The 72 hours minimum is essentially there to ensure that
everyone has a chance to chime in on every topic, even if they are
travelling, week end with family and so on. The upper limit is
basically by function of the availability of the one that drives the
vote. If he/she is ready on 73rd hour and has good reason to believe
that there is consensus in the community, the vote can be concluded.
If such person is unavailable for an additional 5 days, the vote may
run longer.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer