river-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Apache River release 2.2.0 Vote
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 06:48:54 GMT
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
> To Release Apache River 2.2.0, I need to create two zip files:
>
> Apache-River-2.2.0-incubating-src.zip
> Apache-River-2.2.0-incubating-bin.zip
>
> But prior to doing so we need to vote for the release.

To be a PITA; PMC vote on the "final artifact" that is to be placed on
Apache distribution, and not any Subversion content. This is done to
ensure consistency between the vote and the distributed artifact.

So, I think what you are asking from the community is "[DISCUSS]
Release 2.2 ???" where actions needed from the PMC can be discussed
and acted upon, as you nicely tell everyone.

Then you proceed as Craig said with cutting the artifacts and
uploading them together with Signatures (.ASC), checksums (.MD5, .SHA)
and RAT report (RAT is a tool to audit a release,
http://incubator.apache.org/rat/) and then call for "[VOTE] Release
2.2", since you are still in Incubator, the vote happens here first
(with a notification to general@i.a.o) and then if it passes here, a
formality vote by the Incubator PMC (general@i.a.o) to make it
official.

> Is there a directory I can upload the signed release and checksums before
> placing them on www.apache.org/dist/incubator/river for checking?

Yes, as Craig mentioned (perhaps less than obvious); when you log in
to people.apache.org you land in your home directory. In there, create
a directory named "public_html" and change the access flags (chmod +x
. && chmod +rx public_html) and it will be accessible by the public
from http://people.apache.org/~yourApacheId/

As I said above, you need to cut and publish this to the PPMC/PMC
prior to the vote.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer