river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lookup Service Discovery using DNS?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:29:52 GMT

On Jan 12, 2010, at 620AM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:

> Dennis Reedy wrote:
  Could we utilise DNS to return locations of Lookup Services?
massive array with too many service matches. Queries present the opportunity to reduce the
size of returned results, however security issues from code execution on the lookup service
present problems.
>>> I haven't seen any world wide deployments yet, at least not on my bench. :-)
And i would like to reserve my definite judgement before i have had an actual production deployment
of such a service.

>>> As i understand it, reggie will replicate information between its peers.
>> Reggie does no such replication.
>
> That makes it easier to create islands! :-)
>
> I've had 2 reggies running, and the service was registered on both of them (if i remember
correctly), so this was the clients doing?

Yep