river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lookup Service Discovery using DNS?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:14:05 GMT

On Jan 12, 2010, at 557AM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:

> Peter Firmstone wrote:
>> Anyone got any opinions about Lookup Service Discovery?
>> How could lookup service discovery be extended to encompass the internet?   Could
we utilise DNS to return locations of Lookup Services?
>> For world wide lookup services, our current lookup service might return a massive
array with too many service matches. Queries present the opportunity to reduce the size of
returned results, however security issues from code execution on the lookup service present
problems.

> I haven't seen any world wide deployments yet, at least not on my bench. :-) And i would
like to reserve my definite judgement before i have had an actual production deployment of
such a service.

> As i understand it, reggie will replicate information between its peers.

Reggie does no such replication.