river-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jonathan Costers <jonathan.cost...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Apache River Release - Version 2.2.0 or 2.1.2?
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:57:50 GMT
Hi all

Sorry I haven't been too active lately, but I am still watching river-dev as
much as I can.

For what it's worth, I think it would make more sense to go for 2.1.2 for
the reasons mentioned before. However, I don't think this is very important
... Most important is that we have a new release with a bunch of

I don't believe it is much work to change from 2.2 to 2.1.2 (a small change
in the build.xml file, plus some documentation updates).
I'd do it myself, but my development machine recently died and I am waiting
for it to be fixed. This is also the reason why I haven't committed anything
lately (there are some things pending in my local workspace: the ray tracing
example added to the project, several fixes/improvements to build.xml,
several improvements to fix failing QA tests, etc.)

Thanks Peter for getting stuff moving! We seem to be almost there.

Best to all

2010/1/5 Jeff Ramsdale <jeff.ramsdale@gmail.com>

> Not an objection. I wanted to express agreement about 2.1.2.
> -jeff
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
> > Thanks Mark,
> >
> > We need people like yourself to watch the list and provide some guidance
> > when you can.
> >
> > We had a discussion about it earlier, I'd like to get this release out,
> I'm
> > holding back commits that depend on Java 5 language features.
> >
> > Jonathan made a similar comment about the release versioning earlier, if
> > someone wants to make that change, then now is the time to do so.
> >
> > Does anyone have any objection to the use of version 2.1.2 instead of
> > version 2.2.0?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Peter.

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message