river-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Wright <pdoubl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Thrift Serialization Framework
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 19:47:04 GMT
There has been a lot of activity around serialization techniques for
Java in the past couple of years, Thrift being one. One (of several)
comparison websites
http://code.google.com/p/thrift-protobuf-compare/wiki/Benchmarking

Some of these are serialization-only, others include a mechanism for
RPC as well. Most aim to work across-languages as well.

I've been thinking of plugging one or another of these into our Jini
invocation stack but as serialization is not a bottleneck in our
system, and we don't need cross-language invocation, I haven't gotten
around to it. Am interested in hearing if anyone works on this,
though.

Patrick